Virtualization is at the center of your private/hybrid cloud and enables automation, flexibility and tools to manage and optimize your infrastructure.
In the virtualized data center – the virtual machine (VM) is known as the new atomic unit of the data center. With virtualization – applications and services that were previously implemented at a physical server level now exist and are managed at a virtual machine level.
While virtualization does have its challenges – it also offers exciting IT opportunities including:
- Promise of reducing CapEx and OpEx
- Better utilization of existing resources
- Better power and cooling efficiency
- Ability to build out agile private and hybrid clouds
- Enables the foundation of the Software Defined Data Center